· With effect from 24.03.2020 the majority of our solicitors and staff will be working from home with just a skeleton team in the office.
· We will have full access to our system and emails will be dealt with as usual within normal working hours Mon – Fri 9.00am – 5pm.
· Calls to the Office will be answered by skeleton staff and dealt with if possible, or the request emailed on to the Solicitor.
· Wherever possible, if you could email the fee earners rather than telephone the office, it would greatly help us in maintaining the swift and effective service we want to provide. The direct email address for each fee earner can be found here.
· We will be liaising as necessary to arrange for meetings to be conducted by either telephone or video.
· Court hearings are also likely to take place by telephone or video and we will confirm details prior to the hearings.
· We are also asking that material is provided digitally rather than in hard copy format. If you have to provide papers in hard copy please email us and we will be in touch to discuss a solution.
· Please send any notice of hearings / applications via e mail and not by post.
If you have any questions or concerns please do let us know by email. We hope that these measures will enable us all to stay safe and continue to effectively represent all our clients while this unprecedented situation continues. Thank you in advance for your support for these new measures.
If you wish to arrange a telephone appointment please call 029 20796311 or email us via our contact form Click here
If you wish to contact any of the team please Click here
We are a firm of solicitors based in Cardiff, offering legal services to the community in Cardiff, South Wales and the South West of England.
We are consistently rated in the top band of Family / Matrimonial firms in Wales in the Chambers and Partners directory of law firms.
"This firm's reputation is unbounded when it comes to public children law work, with one source noting: "They are brilliant on children matters". It is also particularly noted for the strength of its legal aid practice."
"Frazer Nicol specialises in Children Act matters, and wins considerable praise for his high standard of work in this area".
We provide assistance in all aspects of relationship breakdown, including divorce, civil partnership dissolution, advice for unmarried couples and can deal with the financial aspects of your separation.
We can also prepare Pre-nuptial, Pre-registration and Cohabitation agreements.
We can provide advice and representation in all aspects of the law relating to children whether there are disputes between parents, grandparents or other family members, in adoption cases, or when social services have become involved in your family due to child protection issues and are threatening to, or have started, care proceedings.
Our clients can chose to follow the traditional way of dealing with relationship breakdown or we are able to offer collaborative law as an alternative.
In appropriate cases we can assist in securing urgent court orders for your protection from domestic violence, domestic abuse including sexual, psychological or financial abuse, coercive behaviour or harrassment.
We also provide private client services including preparing your powers of attorney and we have a busy probate department dealing with the estate of someone who has died.
If you are eligible we can provide legal aid for Social Services matters and offer competitive rates for those clients who are not eligible for legal aid.
Many of our solicitors are members of Resolution and have been accredited as experts in their field by Resolution and the Law Society. Three of our solicitors are qualified to appear in the higher courts.
We are authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority, SRA no 50219. SRA Code of Conduct
Our offices have ample on road parking nearby and disabled access.
We are happy to provide advice in both Welsh and English.