• Home
  • Children
  • Contact And Residence Disputes

Contact And Residence Disputes

Child On StairsWhen a relationship between parents breaks down it will undoubtedly impact on any children in the family. Emotions are often running high and children, sadly, are sometimes caught in the middle.

We ensure that the children's needs are put first and we are committed to help parents resolve any issues in the hope of avoiding having to go to court. Whether through negotiation, making a referral to mediation or through the Collaborative Law process.

In the event that you are not able to resolve your differences and a court application is unavoidable, we will be able to assist you in the preparation of the application and represent you through each step of the court process. Whilst attempting at all times to try and reach agreement and reduce conflict.

If you are having problems in seeing your child or grandchild, you may be able to apply to the court for a spend time with order, formerly known as contact or access.

If there is a dispute between parents with or other family members about where their child should live then an application can be made to the court for a living with order, formerly known as residence or custody.

When a court decides any issues about children, the welfare of the child is the most important thing. The court will also be concerned about the child's wishes and feelings, their physical, emotional and educational needs, their age, background and gender and the effect on the child of any change in their circumstances.

To discuss issues regarding your children or grandchildren, and to receive further information, book an appointment with one of our dedicated specialist family solicitors. Call us on 029 20796311 or email us now. All discussions are confidential.

Print Email